Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Oprah: "I Was Hoping To Run Into Hillary At The Gym" (with video)

Huffington Post, with video (01:12):
This morning on "Good Morning America," Diane Sawyer was interviewing Denzel Washington and Oprah Winfrey about their upcoming movie, "The Great Debaters" (Denzel directed and stars in the Oprah-produced flick).

Coincidentally, the "fancy Beverly Hills hotel" where they were promoting "The Great Debaters" was also playing host to Hillary Clinton, which allowed Diane to ask Oprah questions about her support of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and, more specifically, about her feelings towards his main rival.

For instance, what would Oprah say to Hillary if they ran into one another?
Oprah: "I was hoping to run into her at the gym this morning, and I'd say, 'Hi, how's things going?'
Oprah explained that her support in favor of Obama is not a vote against Clinton or any other candidate, but rather just that: support for Obama. But what if Obama is not the nominee, will Oprah support Hillary in the general election?
Oprah: "Obviously, I'm in this race because I'm believing that the person that I'm speaking up for is gonna take it all the way. And the if that doesn't happen, I might readjust my thinkin'."
Perhaps Oprah will readjust her thinkin' back to what it was in November 2005, when she told Hillary, "I hope you do us a privilege and run for office. ... [For] President of the United States."

Watch all of Oprah's thoughts (scroll down),: from ABC, 12/12.

Oprah also told Diane that she would not appear in political ads for Obama, explaining, "That's not the best use of my time."
Howie P.S.: Hey Denzel!! Penny for your thoughts?? It wouldn't take any of her time to allow the campaign to use video footage of her appearances for Obama.

No comments: