Monday, March 06, 2006

"2005 Koufax Awards -- The Polls Are Open"

It's award time and that goes for the blogsphere, too. Since we live in the "greatest democracy in the world," be sure and cast your votes for your favorites. It's our one election you can be be pretty sure won't be hacked!

I promised Goldy I would give him a plug for Horsesass.org, because I'm trying to suck up to him, but The (liberal) Girl Nest Door is another favorite of mine, and not just because we almost have the same last name. Actually Goldy has really earned any recognition he gets, and Mollie is a real up-an-comer in the male-dominated world of blogging. She writes well and I usually agree with what she says! One other tiny plug: I post at Booman Tribune and it's really a great site that I respect and love being a small part of. If can find it in your heart to show them some love, too, that would be very cool.

As for me, you won't have to worry about deciding whether to vote for me: I wasn't nominated for anything! But neither was Jack Nicholson or Dustin Hoffman this year. I've always said I'm just a link whore with respectable traffic. I can live with that.
FINE PRINT: Maybe I spoke too soon. It says "The Polls are Open" and also says
"As for the procedures moving forward, I have opened comments on all of the nominating posts. I will leave them open for a few days of voting. Once we close them again, MB and I will tally the votes in each category to arrive at a list of 6-10 semi-finalists in each category. We will post those lists for final voting."
Consult with your attorney and decide what to do.

No comments: