Thursday, August 10, 2006

"Podcasting Liberally - August 8th, 2006"

A good gabfest about politics and "civility.":

It was a battle so big only four of us could fit around the table. Will and Mollie teamed up with me (Goldy) to take on Seattle P-I bruiser Joel Connelly in a no-holds-barred, steel cage match debate over political civility. I thought we held the upper hand until Joel blindsided me with a broken bottle of Maker's Mark, but my logical analysis and impressive command of the facts eventually won the day when I knocked the old curmudgeon to the ground and beat him senseless with his own cane. In between blows we civily discussed the McGavick shareholder lawsuit, my role in it, the pros and cons of negative campaigning, and how all this relates to Sen. Joe Lieberman's defeat last night in the CT Democratic primary.

The show is 46:25, and is available here.

No comments: