Sunday, December 31, 2006

R.I.P. SeattleforDean.com (2003-2006)

Mike Begley founded SeattleforDean.com on June 28th, 2003, supporting the site in his basement on his own server. In November, 2003, Mike turned it over to me to pursue new personal and professional interests. It took him about 45 minutes on a desk in the Washington state Dean campaign office to show me html code and give me access to the site. My life hasn't been the same since. I started Howie in Seattle in November, 2004 and began cross-posting there and here then.

By Janaury, 2006 SeattleforDean.com had gotten over 1,000,000 "hits" and was averaging over 5,000 per day. The site was always the target of hacking and finally "died" sometime in the fall of 2006, as the result of a massive attack. If you go to SeattleforDean.com now, you will get a message directing you here.

No comments: