Friday, August 08, 2008

Why I love Janeane Garofalo (with video)


fiveminutebreak, video (09:01):
Janeane Garofalo running circles around Brian Kilmeade. What Janeane had to say afterward: "The only time I've ever lost my cool is on Fox and Friends -- this alleged morning news show on Fox. One of the first things one of the morning crew said to me was, "Boy, Saddam must love you." I'm not going to put up with that shit. I don't need to take that on a television program. You booked me, and you have a choice: You can either respect the guests you book, or book a guest you can respect. But I'm not going to come on there and have you make such an inflammatory statement. So I lost my cool. And then, of course, Fox News has run that clip ad nauseum as if it doesn't embarrass them."

From February 2003, about a month before the Iraq War began and just after the worldwide protests of the impending U.S.-led invasion.
Howie P.S.: Janeane will appear Sat, Sep 13, 2008 - 07:00 PM @ the Showbox at the Market, Seattle, WA (tickets here).

No comments: