Monday, February 09, 2009

Monday Late Night Obama Roundup (excerpts, with video)


"Obama On Lessons Learned: I Should Have Started With No Tax Cuts And Let GOP Take Credit For Them"--Think Progress, with video(03:03):
I suppose what I could have done is started off with no tax cuts, knowing that I was going to want some and then let them take credit for all of them. And maybe that’s the lesson I learned.

He added, “People have to break out of some of the ideological rigidity and gridlock that we’ve been carrying around for too long.”
"Return of the Three-Point Shot" (Al Giordano):
I can't remember in my lifetime a president of the US that subjected himself to such an unscripted mass participatory meeting as Obama did today. And yet he was in his element. Intellectually curious people get bored when all chaos as been locked out of our realities, after all. He had the crowd at "hello." And he had them even more so at goodbye. More significantly, he positioned himself as with the people outside the three point line, as their moral representative to push their institutional representatives to, well, represent them, dammit.
"Obama Declines to Endorse Sen. Leahy’s ‘Truth Commission’" (Wall Street Journal):
“My view is also that nobody’s above the law, and if there are clear instances of wrongdoing, that people should be prosecuted just like any ordinary citizen,” Obama said. “So I will take a look at Sen. Leahy’s proposal, but my general orientation is to say let’s get it right moving forward.”

No comments: