Sunday, January 09, 2011

Gregoire: "“I hate my budget. I hate it because in some places, I don’t even think it’s moral.”

The Columbian:
The curtain rises Monday on a 2011 Washington Legislature where hard questions are sure to elicit painful answers.

Legislators must adopt a state spending plan that covers a $1.1 billion deficit through June 30. Then, write a budget that trims another $4.6 billion, perhaps even more, through mid-2013.

Every state program is up for scrutiny, Olympia leaders pledge. The budget ax will be relentless and will spare few causes or constituencies.

There’s no salve for the wounds, either. MORE...
Howie P.S.: Too bad any option with the word "taxes" in it is off the table. I'm talking about all the loopholes, breaks and gimmicks that the well-heeled in our state now enjoy.

No comments: