Friday, September 21, 2012

"Bill Clinton Daily Show Interview Includes Remarks On DNC Speech, Criticism Of Mitt Romney" (with video)

Paige Lavender (HuffPo) with video from Comedy Central in two parts:
Bill Clinton looked back on his energizing speech from the 2012 Democratic National Convention on The Daily Show Thursday night.
“I was just determined to get the facts right and to simplify the argument without being simplistic,” Clinton told host Jon Stewart. “I didn’t want to talk down to people. I wanted to explain what I thought was going on.”
Clinton's speech was widely praised, even prompting President Barack Obama to joke about recruiting the former president to help with "explaining stuff."
“After he spoke, somebody sent out a tweet that said “you should appoint him 'secretary of explaining stuff.' I like that!" Obama said to supporters in Florida. MORE...

No comments: