Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Al Gore on Larry King Last Night


GORE: I don't have plans to be a candidate again. I haven't made the so-called Sherman statement but that's not to leave the door open. It's more sort of an internal shifting of the gears. I really don't expect to be a candidate again.

I think that the best use of my skills and experiences and energy is to try to change the minds of the American people and to the extent that I can people elsewhere in the world. I really think that this crisis has to be seen as the number one challenge that we face.

KING: Let me try one more thing and I'll come back to the crisis.

GORE: OK.

KING: If there were a convention and they were deadlocked...

GORE: That doesn't happen anymore.

KING: ...and they came to you, it could happen.

GORE: No.

KING: And they came to you?

GORE: No, no, no.

KING: But you're not saying there's no circumstances?

GORE: Well, as I said, I haven't made a Sherman statement but I'm not trying to be coy about it. That really doesn't happen anymore and believe me I understand that it doesn't. And you will -- if you were a political reporter and you went to Iowa and New Hampshire, anywhere else in the country, you would look in vain for anyone who had been contacted by me or anyone on my behalf. I'm really not taking any steps. I have no intention, no plans to do that again.
-from the CNN transcript. For a five minute video clip, click on "Watch Al Gore" here, under "Larry King highlights."

No comments: