Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Cindy Sheehan's diary: Day Four

"Today started at 4am when I had to get up and get ready to be on Good Morning America. It was pouring down rain at Camp Casey. The wind was blowing and there was thunder and lightening. It was pretty exciting. The interview went very well. I haven't seen it or read a transcript. Since it was taped, I am just wondering if they showed it when I said Bush doesn't want to see me because he likes to surround himself with "sycophants." I also interviewed with Randi Rhodes, Ed Schultz, Greta Van Susteran, and many others, and closed out the day with my pal, Mike Malloy.
The "first meeting" controversy died down a little today when my town's newspaper printed an op-ed that contradicted Matt Drudge's cherry-picked account of my first meeting with George.

But since they don't have that controversy, they apparently have been lying about other things. Bill O'Reilly said that I am doing this because I have been bought out by, "The Arab Anti-Discrimination League." He was telling his viewers that I am a tool for the liberals and that I am a tool for the anti-war movement. Right now, what we are doing right here in Crawford is the anti-war movement. We have such a strong coalition of groups. GSFP, Code Pink, Veterans for Peace, Military Families Speak Out and the Crawford Peace House.

I talked with John Conyers today and he wrote a letter to George signed by about 18 other Congress members to request that he meet with me. I also talked to Maxine Waters tonight and she is probably going to be here tomorrow. I am so overwhelmed by the support.

I did non-stop interviews today. 100 people came through today to visit with us. About 25 people are staying the night. More food, water, flowers, and money came through today. One father brought his 2 and 4 year old sons out to meet me and thank me for trying to save his boys from the same fate Casey suffered.

Celeste and Dante Zappala from Philadelphia and Bill Mitchell from Atascadero, Ca., all members of GSFP, came out today to support me and help me do interviews and greet all of the people who are arriving.

There is a huge action tomorrow in Aurora, Il. George Bush is leaving the ranch tomorrow to go to Aurora, Il to sign a part of the energy bill at the Caterpillar factory. True Majority has raised money to dog George Bush when he leaves the ranch. Every time he leaves, there will be a GSFP member, MFSO members, VFP members, and Code Pink members who will protest him and say "Meet with Cindy." We will not let him have a 5 week nice vacation when there are millions of people in harm's way in Iraq due to his careless policies. The people of Iraq and our soldiers are suffering. Why should George have a nice vacation?

Thank you for all your support and interest.

We are making a difference.

Keep up the good work."-from Cindy Sheehan's post on AfterDowningStreet.org.
Amy Branham has been with Cindy all week and posted this on Antiwar.com, here on The Smirking Chimp with comments.

No comments: