Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Matt Taibbi: "On Hunter Thompson and Why Barack Obama Isn't a Great Shark"

Eric Sundermann (Village Voice):
What do you think Thompson would say about Obama?
I think he'd be disappointed. I think he would've liked him at first. I think he would've wanted to believe in him. Obama would've been his McGovern in '08. And I think he would've been disappointed afterwards. I hope. That's my impression. He went through that cycle with a number of politicians, I guess Carter comes to mind. He really liked Carter at first, but then he got turned off to Carter over time. His tendency was to fall in love with politicians and then fall out of love after he got a good look at them.
(SNIP)
It's not like, you know, he (Obama) tried to fight the good fight and he couldn't overcome the bureaucracy in Washington. There just was never a fight. He never tried. That's got to be on him. MORE...

No comments: