Wednesday, November 09, 2005

''Election Wrapup''

"A few before-bed thoughts on our elections today:

Statewide, things went pretty well. Smoking ban passed -- in every county. Gas tax repeal (and talk radio wingnuts) defeated. (Congrats to Andrew and all the folks who worked hard to get the word out about I-912.) All the other stupid stuff went down. Audits passed, but it probably won't mean much.

Here in Seattle/King County, more of a mixed bag. Sims seems to have won pretty handily. All the incumbents on the Seattle City Council won, that's too bad, I was hoping that Pelz would take McIver out. Monorail is dead, no suprise, but I'm sad. (Yeah, Ben, I know. You think I'm crazy.) Biggest disappointment, though, is Lawrence Molloy's loss of his Port Commission seat. He was just about the only voice of sanity on that important but obscure body."-from Evergreen Politics. Couldn't have put it any better myself. Goldy at HorsesAss.org has some "Post-election gloating" -- to which he is entitled given his work in breaking the news about the inability of Ron Sims' opponent to get along with members of his family, to understate the situation.

No comments: