Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Attend Netroots Nation without spending a nickle"

Jesus' General:
If you're like me, you've read about past Yearly Kos (now Netroots Nation) conferences and regretted not going. It really is the one event every one of us in the netroots should attend. The speakers are always great and it's just a lot of fun to rub elbows with all those other bloggers and blog readers.
I've always wanted to attend, but because of my need for anonimity and a general lack of funds, I haven't. That was until last year, anyway, when I attended it via Second Life. It cost me $40, then, but it was worth every penny. This year, it is free. You can't beat that!

If you're thinking about attending, I'd urge you to sign up for Second Life (SL), now, so you can get acquainted with things like how to sit, walk, open boxes of freebies, and dance like Larry Craig toe tapping his way from seat to shiny seat.

Here are a few links to help you:

Second Life
Second Life System Requirements
Netroots Nation in Second Life Wiki

Once in Second Life, stop by the NN-SL Freebie store and get yourself some decent clothes. Then drop in to one of the events featured in the Thinking Liberally in Second Life Blog.
And check out the Netroots Nation in SL Island.


Don't be afraid to ask for help. The Welcoming Committee members will be glad to help you any way they can. Just IM any of us:

Michele Mrigesh, Bookemjackson Streeter, Mala Fegte, Bjorlynn Loon, Pb Recreant, Lumi Ihnen, Skal Paulse, Gloriana Maertens, Jane2 McMahon, Moran Singh, Padmini Jewell, or me, GenJCChristian Homewood.
Howie P.S.: I think it's "nickel" but I don't want to piss off The General.

No comments: