Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Jed Report Unmasked: He worked for Maria and Real Networks!

The Jed Report: "My identity has been compromised...by me":
I've been blogging at The Jed Report since early 2007, focusing primarily on the 2008 presidential election.

Until now (I'm writing this on July 6, 2008), I've mostly gone simply by my first name, Jed, but as of today I'm finally admitting what many may have long suspected -- I am indeed the one and only Jed Lewison.


Jed Lewison's e-mail address:

Now that you know my full name, I'm going to tell you more about me than you ever cared to know. I'll begin with the vitals: I'm 35 and I live in Las Vegas, Nevada, where in addition to blogging and posting the occasional YouTube video, I am a writer. I've completed one novel, a political thriller, and while I work on selling that project, I'm working on a new book, also a political thriller.

I moved to Las Vegas a couple of years ago from Seattle, Washington, where I was a marketing executive at RealNetworks, the makers of RealAudio and RealVideo. I was also a senior staffer for U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell, who was my boss at RealNetworks. (I actually lived in DC for a part of the time that I worked for Maria, but was never very fond of the city. I found I could do my job -- communications director -- more effectively from Seattle and traveling to DC when necessary.)

Although The Jed Report is relatively new, I've been active online for years. In 1994, I posted one of the first ever internet sites for a political campaign. (At the time, I was taking off a semester from my undergraduate studies at Yale to work as press secretary for Ron Sims, the Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate in Washington state. Needless to say, it was 1994 and we lost -- though in 2000, I achieved some revenge when Maria defeated the incumbent Senator Slade Gorton who had defeated us in 1994.) In 1995, I posted a fan site for the Seattle Mariners -- a sort of proto-blog featuring game updates and commentary. And at RealNetworks, I led the company's internet marketing and sales operation, building a business from nothing to $15 million per quarter before joining Maria on her senatorial campaign in 2000.

::: ::: :::

The Jed Report Novel Interest List:

I've established an interest list for those of you who would like to know when my first novel, a political thriller set in Las Vegas and Washington, DC, becomes available. The more people who sign up, the stronger a case I can make to potential publishers, so if my novel interests you, please add your name to the list and encourage others to join as well. Thanks!

About the novel:

Nick Haynes is a young but accomplished former DC politico who has just returned to his native Las Vegas, where he has been named a top executive at the newest megaresort on the Strip. Not long after Nick settles into his new job, he stumbles across a billion dollar conspiracy stretching from the back rooms of the premier strip club in Sin City to the corridors of power in Washington, DC. Suddenly, the most ruthless men in Vegas are after him, and with the help of his girlfriend, a beautiful real estate agent, and his best friend, a high-stakes poker pro, Nick must expose the scheme -- or become its ultimate victim.

Sign up for the interest list!

Those on the list will be notified when the book is available. There's no obligation, and e-mails won't be shared with others.

Enter your e-mail here:

Thanks -- and don't forget to confirm your e-mail address!

Agents and publishers:

If you are an agent or a publisher and are interested in learning more about my novel, or if you know an agent or publisher who you think would be interested in it, please contact me at this e-mail address:



Howie P.S,: Jed is a tireless and enthusiastic supporter of Barack Obama, as many of you know.

No comments: