Saturday, July 10, 2010

"Goldman Sachs agrees with Krugman that more stimulus is needed"

theCapitalistRedux' diary on Kos:
Let me preface this by saying whiteshoes at GS aren't always the smartest guys in the room- I've sat across the table from a few research analysts, PMs, and wholesalers of theirs and they can be a mixed bag. But on the whole, they are certainly canny enough to know what's good for their firm, and spiraling deflation is rough for even the best distressed asset investor. To see them in agreement with a self-proclaimed Liberal (not in the economic sense) neo-Keynesian like Paul Krugman is not something I would normally foresee without the risks of premature austerity being so grave. MORE...
Howie P.S.: I wish I understood that last sentence, H/t to Chris in Paris.

No comments: