Wednesday, March 07, 2007

ERIC OEMIG: "I won't back down"

dinazina on Washblog, (at The Backbone Campaign's celebration "March Forth!" commemorating the day in 1789 that our Constitution became law):
I didn't realize that Senator Eric Oemig, sponsor of the pending WA State Impeachment resolution, was one of the featured speakers .

He suddenly appeared next to me and squeezed my hand as if I were a dear friend. He said he had read my post about the March 1stImpeachment Rally in Olympiaand the discouraging televised aftermath that provoked a lot of comments.

He said my "Letdown" story was difficult to read, but that I "must be clairvoyant" in my assessment. I said I felt let down NOT by him, but by his opponents and the system. But he thanked me, because it firmed up his resolve NOT TO BACK DOWN in the face of opposition by powerful WA state officials.

No comments: