David All provides a strategy memo for campaigns to promote themselves, attack their opponents, and defend themselves from a Macaca moment that could doom a campaign (just ask George Allen) through the proper use of technology today.This essay takes a close look at the following five techniques and strategies for use on campaigns which face a decent challenge and have a reasonable budget:Though not perfect, it's certainly something all campaigns should read.
1. Two-camera strategy at all times.
2. Watch the footage. Archive well.
3. Monitor opponent’s channel/organic search results.
4. Prepare known hit responses early/"flood the zone."
5. Several different campaign YouTube accounts.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
"Ad Wars: Campaigning In The YouTube Age" (with videos)
Political Realm (with video):