Tuesday, March 01, 2005

''100,000 Iraqis Dead--Got Morals?''

I was pulling out of my local grocery store when I saw the above on a bumper sticker this morning. I looked up to see what I could see about the driver and car. The car: a beige, late model four-door Toyota Camry. Very neutral, anonymous and well-maintained. Two straw hats sat above the back seats under the rear window. The driver was a diminutive, grey-haired female. As we were headed in the same direction, I ended up following her for a time. Her driving style was alert, lawful and active. Maybe it was because I couldn't find anything to post earlier, but I was struck by the message and was hoping to find myself at a stop light next to this lady, and somehow engage her in conversation. Where did she get that bumpersticker?

No comments: