Sunday, January 15, 2006

''Interview with Darcy Burner''

In setting the stage for her interview with Darcy, Noemie Maxwell tells us:

"I happen to be a bit touchy on the subject of marketing and public opinion polling. In many ways, it seems to me that politics is becoming increasingly irrelevant to real people and daily concerns and that an increasingly ascendant marketing culture contributes to this. Supporting candidates because they are perceived to be electable seems discouragingly circular to me. I want to vote for candidates on their merits. Darcy graciously agreed to meet with me to discuss my concerns. Based on our conversation, I am willing to concede that, used with the proper intention and care, marketing tools can help make politics more relevant to our lives, not less."

Read the interview, on WashBlog.

No comments: